Chris Gellert, P.T., MMusc & Sports Physio, M.P.T., C.S.C.S., C.P.T. founded Pinnacle Training & Consulting Systems in 2003 with a passionate vision. His vision was to create and provide evidenced based educational material in the form of home study courses,dynamic live seminars and other electronic media that educates personal trainers on key areas that most educational course/certifications are missing. Those being understanding the biomechanics behind movement, functional anatomy and muscle that produce human movement, common movement dysfunctions(orthopedic, neuromuscular, and special populations) and how to train client's post therapy based on science and evidenced based research.
To offer consulting services to private corporations educating them on ergonomics, importance of proper biomechanical lifting as to reduce work related musculoskeletal disorders(WMSD's) and decrease injuries.
To offer post rehabilitation training, personal training and sports specific training to clients.
Chris is an licensed physical therapist, a certified strength & conditioning specialist(C.S.C.S.) through the National Strength & Conditioning Association(NSCA)and an experienced certified personal trainer with over 19 years experience as both a practitioner, and as a personal trainer.
Chris has extensive clinical experience having worked with primarily orthopedic patients, various spinal injuries, post-surgical conditions, traumatic and sport specific injuries. He also has a vast amount of experience with geriatric, neurologic and deconditoned patients while having worked in outpatient, industrial rehabilitation, and private practice settings.
- Master's of Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy from University of South Australia(Advanced Master's Degree)
- Master's Degree of Physical Therapy from Nova Southeastern University
- Bachelor's Degree In Marketing from State University of New York College at Plattsburgh
- National Fitness Presenter at ECA, Club Industry, IDEA, NSCA's National Conferences and TSI Summit
- Continuing Education Provider for ACE, AFLCA, AFAA, CanfitPRO, CPTN, Fitness Australia, Kinect Australia, NASM, NCCPT, NSCA, NCSF, NFPT and WITS
- Previously on the Editorial Advisory Board for Today in PT magazine
- Consultant for University of Marlyand-Dental School
- He has written and continues to write various articles on health and fitness via the internet for Canadian newsletters, National Federation of Personal Trainers(NFPT), World Instructor Training SchoolS(WITS), Personal trainer today.com, and others
- He has also written for IDEA Fitness Journal, Men's Fitness, Personal Fitness Professional, Physical Therapy Advance magazine, PTonthenet.com and other health publications.
- CEAS (Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist) through Back School of Atlanta (2003)
- C.S.C.S.(Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) by N.S.C.A(2002)
- S.C.E.(Strength and Conditioning Expert) through Tudor Bompa, Phd (2002)
- P.P.S.(Periodization Planning Specialist) through Tudor Bompa, Phd (2001) one of theworld's foremost experts in Periodization Training & Sport Conditioning.
One unique quality is that he is both a practicing physical therapist and personal trainer.
He utilizes a strong clinical and functional approach to with each client he trains. He has diverse personal training experiences haven trained clients from aged 12 years old through 75 years of age in NY, Florida, Illinois, California and Maryland. His expertise is in pre/post rehabilitation, core strengthening, sports specific training, and high risk population training.
He completed an Advanced Master's Degree in Orthopedics and Sports Physical Therapy. His passion and focus is becoming a Orthopedic Specialist, manual therapist and expert in the spine and treating movement dysfunctions.
Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
OCS certification was established by
the American Physical Therapy Association,
to provide formal recognition for physical
therapists who possess advanced clinical
knowledge, experience, and skills in
orthopedic physical therapy. Achieving
orthopedic specialization recognizes
that an individual is truly a certified
clinical specialist in orthopedics.
than 2% of physical therapists
nationwide have earned this distinction,
which recognizes superior skills
and knowledge relating to orthopedic
OCS therapists must have at least
5 years of orthopedic practice
experience, as well as research
and teaching experience. In addition,
they must demonstrate thorough
knowledge of biomechanics, injuries,
and orthopedic evaluation and treatment
techniques through a rigorous written
examination. This certification
is maintained with re-examination
every 10 years.
mission of the American Board of Physical
Therapy Specialties is to improve public
awareness by enhancing clinical excellence
in physical therapy practice and promoting
possible level of care for individuals
seeking physical therapy services in